Apoorva Corporation is a leading Salesforce consulting partner, located in Colorado, USA. We are an…
A CRM system provides businesses with numerous benefits. In general, companies that involve Sales, marketing, and Business Intelligence are bound to benefit from a CRM implementation. Further, popular CRM systems like Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM can be customized to suit the unique requirements of these companies.
Let us see some of the popular reasons as to why companies implement a CRM system.
• Acts as a Data warehouse: A CRM tool stores all your customer data which can be accessed by the staff of your company on a common platform. It acts as an organized data warehouse, thus saving you time and energy.
• Provides business insights: A CRM system analyzes your customer information and provides valuable insights like purchase patterns, customer behavior, client preferences, client attrition rate, etc. These insights obviously lead to better customer service.
• Task automation: A CRM tool can automate everyday tasks like sending reports and filling out forms.
• Empowered Staff: Since all customer data is available on one single platform, employees need not depend on colleagues to obtain customer information. Also, this instills a sense of confidence among employees to chalk out a plan of action, as they have all the information that they need.
Having looked at the perks of installing a CRM platform, one must also ensure to handle the obstacles posed by it. Listed below are some of the common hurdles faced by companies after installing a CRM tool:
• Complexity: You must make sure that the CRM implemented is in sync with the needs of your company, and most importantly your staff is comfortable with it. An overly complicated CRM can fail to serve the purpose. It is advisable to customize the CRM to hold “to the point” information so that employees seeking customer data are not burdened with the chaos of unnecessary information.
• Integration with Business processes: This implies to practically any new technology that has been onboarded. Your CRM installation is considered successful only if it blends seamlessly with your existing business processes. This is an essential step that should be duly noted before implementing a CRM.
In addition to the above, some other factors to be taken care of with CRM implementation include sufficient training to employees regarding usage of the CRM, obtaining real-time reports from the CRM, and monitoring if the CRM is adequately being used (otherwise which, you might consider de-installing the CRM).
CRMs, in general, tend to have a positive impact on businesses. With careful customization, your business can reap the maximum benefits that CRMs have to offer.